[linux-lvm] Performance problem.

neuron neuron at hollowtube.mine.nu
Mon Nov 17 19:07:01 UTC 2003

ftp to localhost
starts on 10.2mb/sec, goes stable for a short while, then stops for a few seconds (4-5), then continues in about 5-6 until the transfer is complete.

all my stuff are on seperate irq's.

when I copy, "system" load skyrockets, 60-85%.
lftp and glftpd is the processes using resources.  I could try smb aswell, but I'm guessing I'll find that eating my system resources aswell.