[linux-lvm] vgscan messages regarding read-only cdrom

Kai Weber lists at glorybox.de
Sun Nov 30 12:59:01 UTC 2003

Hi,

when starting lvm2 I get the following annoying messages from vgscan:

$ vgscan
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  /dev/cdrom: open failed: Read-only file system
cdrom: open failed.
cdrom: open failed.
[...]
  Found volume group "datavg" using metadata type lvm1
  Found volume group "systemvg" using metadata type lvm1

The line "cdrom: open failed." is repeated about 50 times. I believe I can
ingore this message. But

* why is vgscan reading /dev/cdrom (a link to my first IDE
CD-ROM /dev/hdc)?

* how can I disable this message?

Kai
--