[linux-lvm] Re: [PERFORM] backup/restore - another area.

markw at osdl.org markw at osdl.org
Tue Oct 14 17:20:01 UTC 2003

Jeff,

I'm curious to what kind of testing you've done with LVM.  I'm not
currently trying any backup/restore stuff, but I'm running our DBT-2
workload using LVM.  I've started collecting vmstat, iostat, and
readprofile data, initially running disktest to gauge the performance.

For anyone curious, I have some data on a 14-disk volume here:
	http://developer.osdl.org/markw/lvm/results.4/log/

and a 52-disk volume here:
	http://developer.osdl.org/markw/lvm/results.5/data/

Mark