[linux-lvm] LV only detected when using "lvscan -D" on amd64 kernel

Felix Domke tmbinc at elitedvb.net
Sun Oct 26 11:54:02 UTC 2003

Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:

>Felix,
>
>this definitely looks like a 64bit ioctl related problem.
>I don't have the equipment to test here so help (is external access to
>your machine possible ?) is needed.

Hi,

i could setup external access to the machine, but be aware that it
consists of a chroot'ed 64bit hacked-together debian, so compiling
something with 64bit isn't any fun at all. The 32bit userspace however
is fine.

I tried to compile the lvmtools as 64bit, but the result didn't change.
are there any points where i can put some debug printfs/printks in the
sources to work out where it fails? I never looked at the LVM internals,
so i don't know what happens where. Does the kernel space reads and
parses the metadata? Or does the userspace parses it and passes it to
the kernel?

Felix