[linux-lvm] LVM and Network Block Device (problem sollution)

Spam spam at tnonline.net
Fri Oct 31 23:28:01 UTC 2003

  The sollution to the problem was simple. The lvm tools are hardcoded
  (from  lvm_dir_cache.c)  to  only look for specific directories when
  scaning  for  lvm disks. For network block devices lvm looks only in
  /dev/nb/*, while my Gentoo kernel created /dev/nbd/*.

  A  simple  fix was to make a link /dev/nb->/dev/nbd and it worked. I
  did not find anything about this in the howto or man-pages.

  //Anders