[linux-lvm] determining lv from mount point

Montgomery, Kendal L kendal.montgomery at qwest.com
Tue Sep 23 16:04:02 UTC 2003

Ahh.. Yes.. You're correct.  I finished my email before I completed my train
of thought.

You could store the result of the df line in a variable, and then do
something like this:

#!/bin/bash

if [[ ! -d ${1} ]]
then
  echo "error: ${1} is not a valid mount point"
  exit 1
fi

DEVICE=$(df ${1} | grep -v ^Filesystem | awk '{ print $1 }')

lvscan | grep ${DEVICE} > /dev/null 2>&1

if [[ ${?} -eq 0 ]]
then
  # do what you want to do if you detect that this is lvm
else
  # do somethine else
Fi

Try that out.