[linux-lvm] determining lv from mount point

Montgomery, Kendal L kendal.montgomery at qwest.com
Tue Sep 23 16:34:01 UTC 2003

Well.. The reason I say to do it this way is because lvdisplay doesn't
seem to give an "error" code on return (it's always 0) when it's not a
logical volume.  It does display an error message that you'd have to
parse the output for a specific error message.

This should work for LVM, but not sure about LVM2 because I haven't
personally had a chance to play with it. It may work for both, but I'm
not sure.

Kendal.