[linux-lvm] LVM and multiple HBA ports

Dan Bar Dov danb at voltaire.com
Thu Apr 22 08:48:40 UTC 2004

I wouldn't call them 'most storage vendors'  rather the 'large vendors'.

I'm using an Infortrend (taiwanese vendor) storage controller. They and all
the other small vendors, do not support any multiple path failover drivers
for Linux. Qlogic HBA has some support in their driver, but only if you user
their user mode management software, which I cannot use since they support
only Intel and I'm on PPC. They won't supply any documentatin etc regarding
how to use it programatically.

People who use Linux because its not expensive, also use inexpensive
storage. It does not mean they don't want to use advanced features.

Dan