[linux-lvm] Looking for RedHat Linux Help!!!

Brennaman, Molly Ms NSC MOLLY.BRENNAMAN at LEAVENWORTH.ARMY.MIL
Tue Apr 27 15:58:17 UTC 2004

To Whom it May Concern:
    I found this addresss on a website.  I am a Linux novice with a big job
at hand.  We are converting from VAX VMS to Linux and are transferring files
to a server.  We have multiple users accessing files on the server.  How can
we ensure that when A opens a file, that A has a write-lock on the file so
if B opens the same file - B only has read access until A closes the file???

Molly