[linux-lvm] LVM and multiple HBA ports

Dan Bar Dov danb at voltaire.com
Thu Apr 29 07:02:14 UTC 2004

The MD multipath solution works only sometimes. Unplugging the active path
during data transfer hanged the system.
Unplugging between data transfers works fine, but this is hardly real world.

Seems like there's some work on the multipath issue in 2.6, but 2.4 really
lacks a working solution.

Does anyone have experience with qlogic driver multipath support? Any idea
how to activate it programatically (not using their JAVA GUI).

Dan