[linux-lvm] vgchange -a n returns error 5 'Locking type 1 initialization failed'

S. Anthony Sequeira tony at sequeira.com
Wed Aug 4 16:36:11 UTC 2004

LFS build.  Kernel 2.4.26, upgraded to LVM2.  Haven't converted my
existing LVMs to LVM2 yet?

Installed device-mapper stable, version 1.00.18, dated 06/20/04
14:28:00.

Installed LVM2 stable, version 2.00.15, dated 06/20/04 14:17:00.

I always get the error mentioned in the subject on a shutdown.

Any ideas please?  Google tells me that this is listed on Bugzilla.  My
Gentoo and SuSE installations do not evince the problem.  This could be
because they are using kernel 2.6 though.
--
You don't become a failure until you're satisfied with being one.