[linux-lvm] Suggested Kernel and LVM version for production storage

Yedidia Klein yedidia at jct.ac.il
Sun Aug 29 08:37:06 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm using LVM2 on a FC2 based linux w/ the following versions:
Kernel (patched to LVM2 w/ snapshots) :     2.4.23
LVM version:                                                 2.00.15
(2004-04-19)
Library version:
1.00.14-ioctl (2004-04-06)
Driver version:                                               4.0.5

Sometimes I'm getting the following errors, and get all my LVM
FileSystem Blocked .. (mean I can't access the files on these partitions
and have to reboot for getting access again)

    Aug 26 01:00:02 nazir kernel: device-mapper:
                          Unable to allocate hash table space
    Aug 26 01:00:02 nazir kernel: device-mapper:
                          error adding target to table
    Aug 26 10:50:47 nazir kernel: device-mapper:
                          4.0.5-ioctl (2003-11-18) initialised:
                          dm at uk.sistina.com

Any suggestion for a kernel/LVM version ?
Is anyone running a production system w/ LVM2 and snapshot ? if yes
which versions ?

thanks,

--Yedidia