[linux-lvm] Re: Re: Fedora Core 3 system with lvm2 won't boot
strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Fri Dec 17 17:35:54 UTC 2004
Robin, I owe you.
I'd like to repay you either by coding a small to medium-sized app for you
in C, bash or python, or by buying you a tea/coffee/beer/wine of your
choice (one of moderate price :).
What would you prefer?
This is what worked for me:
On FC3's recovery cdrom...
1) Do startup network interfaces
2) Don't try to automatically mount the filesystems - not even readonly
3) lvm vgchange --ignorelockingfailure -P -a y
4) fdisk -l, and guess which partition is which based on size: the small one was /boot, and the large one was /
5) mkdir /mnt/boot
6) mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/boot
7) Look up the device node for the root filesystem in /mnt/boot/grub/grub.conf
8) A first tentative step, to see if things are working: fsck -n /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
9) Dive in: fsck -f -y /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
10) Wait a while... Be patient. Don't interrupt it
More information about the linux-lvm