[linux-lvm] Cannot create a Volume Group

Fernando Ruza feruza at terra.es
Tue Dec 14 23:36:55 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have the following problem:

sol:~# pvcreate /dev/hda1 /dev/hda4 /dev/hdb1
  Physical volume "/dev/hda1" successfully created
  Physical volume "/dev/hda4" successfully created
  Physical volume "/dev/hdb1" successfully created
sol:~# vgcreate vg1 /dev/hda1 /dev/hda4 /dev/hdb1
  Volume group "vg1" successfully created

Everything seems to be create properly, however when now I'm trying to
activate the volume group or to scan it, it says it cannot found it:

sol:~# vgchange -a y vg1
  Unable to find volume group "vg1"
sol:~# vgscan
 No volume groups found

What's wrong here ?? Do I missing something ??

The versions I have are:

  lvm-common     1.5.17
  lvm2           2.00.29-1
  libdevmapper1. 1.00.19-4

Thanks for any reply.

Regards.

--
Yo uso software libre, ¿Y tu?
¿Qué es el software libre? consulta: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.es.html

Fernando Ruza
e-mail: feruza at terra.es
jabber: fruza at jabber.guadawireless.net
web: http://guada24.guadawireless.net
Tlf: 661123845
Linux user: #273644 (http://counter.li.org)
Debian Sid (Kernel 2.4.20 & ext3)

"In an internet without fences ... who needs 'gates'"