[linux-lvm] LV not activating during startup in SLES 9?

Nicoya Helm NHELM2 at kumc.edu
Sat Dec 18 13:43:57 UTC 2004

I recently had a minor kernel patch problem that was preventing LVM from
my LV  is not automatically activating during start up.  Manually
issuing "vgchange -a y" fixes this, and I can mount it no problem.

 I know I could just add this to a run level script to make sure it
happens during boot, but I want to have the activation happening in the
"appropriate" place.  However, I've been unable to find any
documentation that specifically explains where volume activation occurs
for LVM during startup on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9.  Any tips on
where to look to correct this?

Nicoya Helm
Project Manager, Network Services
University of Kansas Medical Center