[linux-lvm] Re: upgrade from kernel 2.4 to 2.6

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 24 20:44:15 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 11:25:22PM +0100, Luca Berra wrote:
| >| logs.
| >
| >Hmm.  How can I get logs?  /var is an lvm lv, and since lvm isn't
| >working nothing can be written to /var/log.  (/usr and /home are also
|
| look in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf
| there is a log section, you can make lvm log to a different file, so
| you can save and post logs from lvm activation commands.

Ok, I found that.

Here is the log file, in its entirety :

----
toollib.c:298 vgscan  No volume groups found
----

I did set verbosity=3 because the comments in lvm.conf said that is
the highest verbosity.

-D

--
Folly delights a man who lacks judgement,
but a man of understanding keeps a straight course.

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org