[linux-lvm] booting a dm+lvm2 kernel

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Thu Jan 1 12:49:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 04:47:54PM +0000, Kjartan Reynir Hauksson wrote:
>hmmmmm..... I'm getting a different kernel panic, this time it tells me to
>try and pass the init= option but I saw it managed to load the device
>mapper.  Any gotchas you know of that I might be missing ?

if you were able to give more information about what happened i would be
able to help more, but as i dont' own a scrying orb at the moment i am a
bit at loss.

could you please copy a bit more of the messages that appear before the
panic?

can you provide the output of the mkninitrd -v .... command

btw are you using devfs? (but i tought i squashed that bug)

L.

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.
 /"\