[linux-lvm] which filesystem to use on slackware

Chris Conn cmcgoat at swbell.net
Fri Jan 9 19:02:01 UTC 2004

Hi, I'm running slackware 9.1, have a dual-boot Win98/Slack
machine and I've just added a 60GB HD. I'm using 50GB of that
for Windows (kid games :-)) and 10GB for Linux, have formatted
it as EXT2 but now I'm thinking of trying one of the journaled
file systems, reiserfs or IBM's JFS or EXT3. I haven't used
that new partition yet.

My Slackware system is EXT2 on the original HD.

I work in AIX support at IBM (systems performance, mainly) and
I'm thinking this will be a good opportunity to learn more
about the LVM at home. Is there one of these journaled file
systems that you all would recommend over the other? I'm not
sure how I'm going to convert to the new filesystem, although
I should be able to make the filesystem on the new HD whatever
I want, so I'm halfway there.

Thanks for any advice,

=====
Chris Conn