[linux-lvm] Re: which filesystem to use on slackware

Chris Conn cmcgoat at swbell.net
Sat Jan 10 11:36:02 UTC 2004

--- Måns_Rullgård <mru at kth.se> wrote:
> Francis SOUYRI <francis.souyri at wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> >     I think the performances are not the main things in your case,
> >     you need to see the "managment" capabilities of each filesystems,
> >     If you want to learn more about the LVM probably you test the move
> >     of a logical volume, the extend, reduce of a logical volume and...
> >
> > With Ext3 you can grow the filesystem offline and with a kernel patch
> > you can grow online,  you can not shrink.
>
> Ext3 can be shrunk offline.
>
> --
> Måns Rullgård
> mru at kth.se

Can I use ext3 and reiserfs on the same box? I've set up my
second disk to use reiserfs but my main disk is ext2, thought
about converting it to ext3 since that would be easier than
re-installing... but I'm not sure if this is a good idea. It
make more sense to just re-install slack on my main disk with
reiserfs.

=====
Chris Conn
cmcgoat at swbell.net   http://storm.cadcam.iupui.edu/~cmcgoat