[linux-lvm] Mivration from lvm1 to lvm2

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) jean-luc.coulon at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 19 12:12:01 UTC 2004

Hi,

I plan to migrate from lvm1 to lvm2 to be compliant with 2.6.x.
I've Debian sid with linux 2.4.24 with the device mapper compiled as a
module.

I've installed both the packages lvm10 and lvm2.

The device mapper module is loaded but the system seems to be using
lvm1.

I have a couple of questions:
 - What is to be done to switch to lvm2 ?
 - I use lvm for / and I build and initrd with the lvmcreate-initrd
tool. Such a tool is not part of lvm2. How can I create the initrd ?
With the tools from initrd-tools package ?

--
Regards
			- Jean-Luc