[linux-lvm] LVM2/DM Mapping Tables Documentation

bowmailtmp-lvm at yahoo.com bowmailtmp-lvm at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 23:38:43 UTC 2004

ok, i think i've got an idea what's going on here, it
seems that the lvm cache may be the problem here.  it
seems like in some cases if i wait a couple *minutes*
then the data magically shows up in the proper
physical sectors of the disk.  in some cases it is
faster, some quite slow.  can someone confirm this for
me and give me an idea of the mechanics involved with
the cache?  also, is there a command to force the
cache to be flushed out?  i'll keep looking through
the man pages for this.

thanks,
dave