[linux-lvm] Re: What if a drive dies ?

Perplexer perplexer at thz.net
Tue Mar 2 13:34:02 UTC 2004

Ahh I made a major typo .... it's a linear setup, not a striped one.

You mentioned anyway that a recovery would be somewhat possible.
I'm using ext3 journaling fs on my LV. Would I be able to mount this
LV if one PV died, meaning I would see all data except the part that
was lost with that drive or would I need to do anything special to make
the LV mountable again ?

---------
Perplexer