[linux-lvm] LVM Multi Path Support

Joe Thornber thornber at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 04:28:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 04:03:49PM -0300, Eduardo Dias wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I would like to know if LVM Linux has (or will) support to multi path links?

There is a v. old patch kicking around that adds some sort of multipath
support to LVM1.  Search this list to find it.  It hasn't ever been
part of an official release.

LVM2 doesn't support multipath but we're currently developing a
multipath target for device-mapper, and Christophe Varoqui is writing
a standalone userland tool to drive it.  The current thinking is that
the LVM2 tools will just use the devices that Christophes tool
creates.

- Joe