[linux-lvm] root on lvm

Jeff Layton jtlayton at poochiereds.net
Mon Mar 22 02:20:26 UTC 2004

My solution for this (so far) is to make a non-LVM2 /boot partition and
store a kernel and initrd in that. You can then build everything else as
a LVM partition. Perhaps when the available bootloaders become LVM2
aware we'll be able to do away with a seperate /boot, but for now it
seems to be the best way to deal with it.
Cheers,
-- Jeff

Jeff Layton <jtlayton at poochiereds.net>