[linux-lvm] root on lvm

Garcia Pascal dld.pascal.garcia at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 23 20:21:02 UTC 2004

Hello
I do not know what the problem is.
May be the problem has nothing to see with lvm!
I reinstalled the system two times with the same problem. In fact there
is a warning when configuration lilo at installation time.

As I did not have that much time to analyse and solve the problem (if I
would have been able to), I just made a / reisefs partition, and the
problem went away.

I have a remark on that, / partition in a logical volume without
reiserfs (or a fs that can be resized without unmounting) is non sense
for me, because one can not unmount / partition, and one of the interest
of the lvm is to adapt the size of a partition when needed.

I have a spare disk and when I have some time and my General let me do
it, I reinstall the system and write all the problems. May be this
week-end.

regards
Pascal garcia