[linux-lvm] LVM limits on 64 bits

Yannick Lecaillez yl at seasonfive.com
Thu May 6 12:08:28 UTC 2004

> > 	Numbers i found on the net found are old (2001/2002) and i
> > need to deploy solution with several tera byte.
>
> If you need more than 2TB/LV, the LVM1 compatible device-mapper/LVM2
> in Linux 2.6 is your friend, because 2.6 supports large block devices
> beyond 2TB.

For this project i think i will use Redhat AS 3. I see this version
backport some feature of the 2.6 kernel. Do you know is this include the
large block devices support ?

In fact, the main question is : Is RHEL3 + LVM + GFS + Oracle is usable
in production with a database which could grow up to more than 100 Tb of
data ?