[linux-lvm] How exactly does LVM's get written?

Kevin Richard Kevin_Richard at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 5 23:45:17 UTC 2004

That's basically what I gathered from what I had been reading also... is
there any way to "defrag" so to speak the data, so say I end up deleting
data from 300mb of PE's on disk1 then when I write 600mb or data, I don't
want 300mb to go to disk1 and 300mb to disk2 cause after any bit of time has
passed on a fairly used system it will no longer really be linear at all!  I
guess I'm asking a lot for this system :(

Cheap is a relative term ;)  I just got the two 80gigs and only because
there was a $60 rebate on each of them from Bestbuy so I got to fudge one of
my rebate forms to be sent to someone else to get my $120 for both drives ;)