[linux-lvm] Creating PV over a /dev/mapper device /

Roman Medina-Heigl Hernandez roman at rs-labs.com
Sun Nov 7 14:36:54 UTC 2004

I continued doing some tests upon adding crypt devices to .cache. I
created a PV over /dev/mapper/crypt10, then a VG over the PV. When I
try to create a LV a get an internal error:

jupiter:/etc/lvm# lvcreate -L8G -n home rs-crypt
  Internal error: unknown device-mapper task 16
  Internal error: unknown device-mapper task 16
  Logical volume "home" created
jupiter:/etc/lvm#

LV seems to be created but I'm scared of using it; not at least
without knowing about the error. What does the former error mean? How
to fix it? Is it reliable to use the LV, despite the internal errors?

 Saludos,
 --Roman

--
PGP Fingerprint:
09BB EFCD 21ED 4E79 25FB  29E1 E47F 8A7D EAD5 6742