[linux-lvm] Re: [OxLUG] LVM2 problems

Paul Warren pdw at ex-parrot.com
Fri Oct 15 19:18:22 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 07:54:52PM +0100, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 07:28:48PM +0100, Paul Warren wrote:
> > This should probably go on the linux-lvm mailing list, but the server
> > seems to be down,
>
> Not as far as I know.
>
>   http://sources.redhat.com/lvm2 -> linux-lvm at redhat.com

Ah, thanks - I was trying:

Which I took from the bottom of (what I thought was) a recent post.

> > Our primary problem is that creating snapshots occassionally hangs the
> > machine.
>
> Known issue now - unfortunately the fix involves a lot of coding and
> other things have a higher priority at the moment.

OK - I saw a previous post about this, but from that I wasn't sure that
it (a) killed the machine and (b) affected ext3 partitions.

> > /lib/lvm-200/lvm vgconvert -d -v  -M1 mainvg
> >     Using volume group(s) on command line
> >     Finding volume group "mainvg"
> >     Archiving volume group "mainvg" metadata.
> > Segmentation fault
>
> If it does it with the latest (2.00.25) version,
> configure --enable-debug and send me the binary + core file
> to investigate.

OK - I'll give it a go and follow-up on linux-lvm.

thanks for the help,

Paul