[linux-lvm] which files, which physical volumes?

Steve Wray steve at myself.gen.nz
Fri Sep 24 02:29:37 UTC 2004

Hi there,

Is there any way to find which files in a given logical volume occupy
extents on a given physical volume?

I am trying to decommission a drive and pvmove still isn't working
properly. Either that or;

1. pvmove -tv claims to fail when in fact without the -t it would
actually work. Thie would seem like a joke in very bad taste (on the
part of the developers.

or

2. pvmove -v which is supposed to give verbose progress output, in fact
will sit there for a *very* long time (half an hour or more) with no
progress output and push load up extremely high.

Or maybe pvmove is *still* broken, in which case I need to find the
files which occupy that physical volume, move them to a different
logical volume altogether and then forcibly remove that physical volume
without regard to the files that are no longer on it... and hopefuly
this won't cause corruption on the filesystem on that logical volume.

help?

Thanks!