[linux-lvm] Problem at boot time with Mandrake 10.1 community

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Sat Sep 25 20:40:05 UTC 2004

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 03:19:26PM +0200, Pascal Garcia dld wrote:
>Hello,
>here is my problem :
>I installed on a test disk the new version of Mandrake, kernel
>2.6.8.1mdk.
>I have one partition, unique element of a VG named rootvg.
>On the vg I created 2 reiserfs partitions one for / and one for /home,
>and a swap partition.
>
>No problem with the installation as long as I create the vg or use an
>existing vg. (In an other mail, I will detail the problem entcountered
>when freeing a vg during installation process).
>
>When booting, I can select the kernel I want with lilo and then, in the
>list of messages 2 concerning the vg, saying approximately :
>- The lv is not available
>- The lv is not complete and mounted read only.
>
>Then a kernel panic occurs.

go to http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/ and file a bug against mkinitrd
but please, do remember that "approximately" won't help, i would need to
know exactly what you read on your screen and more details about your
configuration to fix this in a timely manner.

regards,
L.

btw it does not write that "The lv is not complete and mounted read
only.", it writes "Partial mode. Incomplete volume groups will be
activated read-only." and that is normal.

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.
 /"\
 \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN