[linux-lvm] Re: putting lvm autodetect into the kernel ala md

Andy Sy andy at nospam.com
Fri Apr 1 01:16:01 UTC 2005

Luca Berra wrote:

> no, [lvm partition detection and activation] is a user space
> task, there is no reason to burden the kernel with this.

I find that a spurious argument.  The kernel autodetects physical
partitions, so how is that different from detecting logical ones?
>From the user's point of view he would want it to happen the
same way.  In fact, given the flexibility and [purported] negligible
overhead of logical volumes, he should not even be bothering
with physical partitions anymore.

--
reply-to: a n d y @ n e o t i t a n s . c o m