[linux-lvm] [MINOR REQUEST] snapshot timestamps should be time of creation

James G. Sack (jim) jsack at inostor.com
Wed Apr 6 18:17:42 UTC 2005

I notice that the timestamp on a snapshot gets set to the mtime of the
origin volume (at least it works that way on LVM1).

I suggest it would be more meaningful to users if the snapshot time
could be made the time of snapshot creation.

I am currently 'touch'ing the origin filesystem before calling lvcreate,
in order to get the snapshot to stat the way I like, but it may be
argued that touching the origin is not desirable (the origin may even be
unmounted, of course).

..jim