[linux-lvm] Snapshots and mmaped files.

David Brown lvm at davidb.org
Thu Apr 21 04:06:36 UTC 2005

I don't think this is an issue of the database needing to be quiescent.
The problem I'm seeing is that when the application modifies the database
_after_ the snapshot is taken, the modifications partially appear in the
snapshot as well.  I'm guessing that file modification that goes through
write does the right thing in the snapshot, but modifications done via
mmap don't cause the snapshot to duplicate the data.

The Berkely DB code should be able to recover from a coherent snapshot
taken at any point in time.

Dave