[linux-lvm] pvmove won't start

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Mon Aug 15 16:02:54 UTC 2005

Dieter

I don't know what the odds of getting your distro to fix it but if you
have any plans to use pvmove or make snapshots I highly recommend you
load  dm_snapshot and dm_mirror in your initrd or build into the kernel.

I found the hard way that I couldn't  boot with the snapshot even if not
mounted with out these loaded.

In debian sarge I put
dm_snapshot
dm_mirror