[linux-lvm] vgscan & CDROM

Chris Osicki lvm at osk.ch
Sun Aug 28 10:17:21 UTC 2005

Hi

I seam not to be able to convince vgscan to let my cdroms alone.
In the file /etc/lvm/lvm.conf I have this filter:

[ "r|/dev/cdrom.*" ]

when I run vgscan -v -v I see the following:

      /dev/cdrom1: size is 31244 sectors
  /dev/cdrom1: read failed after 0 of 2048 at 0: Input/output error
      /dev/cdrom1: size is 31244 sectors
      /dev/cdrom1: No label detected

I tried other variants of this filter without luck.
On the laptop I'm writing this message on it took several minutes for
vgscan to finish. On another PC it doesn't take that long but is
annoying. How do I convince vgscan not to scan those devices?
I tried also such a filter as test:

[ "r|/dev/pty.*" ]

it didn't work either.

I'm using

  LVM version:     2.01.09 (2005-04-04)
  Library version: 1.01.00-ioctl (2005-01-17)
  Driver version:  4.4.0

I would be very thankful for any help.

Regards,
Chris