[linux-lvm] LVM problems

Anil Kumar Sharma xplusaks at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 08:06:57 UTC 2005

Recently I also suffered problems with LVM(2)

These are very basic things I presume U might have already done but just in
case if not ...

imho pl boot with rescue disk (or mode)
As a precaution select read-only mount of file system
if required chroot to /mnt/sysimage
# mount  ! look for lvm things specifically a word - mapper
# pvdisplay
# vgdisplay
# lvdisplay
# pvscan
# vgscan
# lvscan

thiese will tell status of lvm things
 Then check /etc/fstab (carefully)

U may then "very very carefully" use e2fsck or fsck [{("after dismounting
the volumes")}] as you may you deem fit.
"very very carefully"  means, as a minimum, first read both manpages, try
these commands in read-only mode + do not modify anything + verbose.

### use vgck with caution and also checkout /etc/lvm/lvm.conf

U may try in init 1 mode also but more caution requested.

good luck & Pl post if U get it right this way or anyway.

--
Anil Kumar Shrama