[linux-lvm] Invalid new snapshot

Lee Rocky rocky366 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 03:37:22 UTC 2005

Dear All

when I try to create multi snapshot volumes, sometimes the new snapshot
volume will be marked Invalid after created, somtimes remove then recreate
without problem.

is it hard disk problem?

dmesg error
attempt to access beyond end of device
dm-9: rw=17, want=2271285024, limit=8257536
device-mapper: Error reading/writing snapshot
device-mapper: snapshot is marked invalid
printk: 1 messages suppressed.
Buffer I/O error on device dm-10, logical block 0
Buffer I/O error on device dm-10, logical block 1
Buffer I/O error on device dm-10, logical block 2
Buffer I/O error on device dm-10, logical block 3
Buffer I/O error on device dm-10, logical block 4
Buffer I/O error on device dm-10, logical block 5
Buffer I/O error on device dm-10, logical block 6
Buffer I/O error on device dm-10, logical block 7
Buffer I/O error on device dm-10, logical block 0
Buffer I/O error on device dm-10, logical block 8
FAT: Unrecognized mount option "nouuid" or missing value

lvscan
  /dev/VG01/test1: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error

best regards
Rocky