[linux-lvm] moving LVM to a new box

M. Matt Colgin mcolgin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 19:01:08 UTC 2005

I think you'll want to make a new installation on the P4 box as it
would use a new, faster kernel for your processor. Really the question
is if the old installation for P3 will boot under your new P3, as a
bit more than the processor will have changed (at least to the OS). If
you can get the OS to boot on the new computer, then LVM will be found
and work.

Moving the LVM to another machine is trival, check the below link:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/recipemovevgtonewsys.html

Maybe a FC mailing list will get a more targeted group that would know exactly.