[linux-lvm] Having duplicate PV problems, think there's a bug in LVM2 md component detection

Ron Watkins linux-lvm at malor.com
Mon Feb 28 22:29:11 UTC 2005

Due to another failing hard drive, I was forced to just use the md0 device
directly and put it into use.  Once I have the dying drive replaced, I might
be able to clear the data off again if you want to do a specific set of
tests, but that would take many hours.  (150+ gigs over Fast Ethernet, not a
quick process).  So please be sure you need me to do this, if you do.

I am using LVM version 2.01.04 (2005-02-09).  The Library Version is
1.01.00-ioctl (2005-01-17).  The Driver Version is 4.1.0.  (no date given).
I don't have any easy way to determine if the Debian maintainer is patching
this.  Should I be submitting the bug report directly to him/her/them
instead?

I'm not sure how to strace... I see the strace command. I assume I'd have to
strace the pvcreate and pvdisplay, meaning I'd need to move my data again
first.   If you do want me to do this, I can start copying data off late
tomorrow, and can probably do the actual test on Wednesday.   I'll need the
exact command line you want used, however, since I don't know anything about
strace.

<<RON>>

jeeves:~# lvm version
  LVM version:     2.01.04 (2005-02-09)
  Library version: 1.01.00-ioctl (2005-01-17)
  Driver version:  4.1.0