[linux-lvm] lvm over raid5 - sizes

Erik Ohrnberger erik at echohome.org
Mon Feb 28 05:43:06 UTC 2005

Well, I have a similar problem/desire.

I want to have RAID5 for redundancy/reliability.  But I want to be able to
resize the file system stored on the RAID5 array, as well as being able to
add and remove hard disks to either increase/decrease available storage.

What would be your recommendation for a configuration?

At the moment, I'm considering using EVMS with its RAID5 regions, and put
LVM2 on top of it.

Thanks in advance,
    Erik.