[linux-lvm] lvm lost after reboot !? how to recover UUID?

Alan Jurgensen jurgensen at berbee.com
Mon Jul 18 15:36:42 UTC 2005

First figure out if your disks are there:   dmesg|grep [sh]d
Check for partitions:   fdisk -l
then see whether LVM stuff is there:  pvscan ; vgscan
Look at your distro's boot-up process.... maybe you installed a new
kernel and forgot to include the initrd that activates the VGs (via:
vgchange -a y)
Or maybe you enabled devfs or something, and the discs now show up with
a different device path.