[linux-lvm] Re: Linux LVM snmp MIB.

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Wed Jul 27 11:32:34 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 20:26, Ceri Storey <ceri.storey at dsvr.co.uk> wrote:
> Here's a preliminary suggestion (LVM standing for 1.3.6.1.4.1.9586.100.1)
> NAME
> LVM.physicalVolume			LVM.1
> LVM.volumeGroup				LVM.2
> LVM.volumeGroup.groupName		LVM.2.1
> LVM.volumeGroup.extentSize		LVM.2.2		The size of each extent in bytes
> LVM.volumeGroup.extentCount		LVM.2.3
> LVM.volumeGroup.extentFree		LVM.2.4
> LVM.volumeGroup.writable		LVM.2.5
> LVM.volumeGroup.resizeable		LVM.2.6
> LVM.volumeGroup.exported		LVM.2.7
> LVM.volumeGroup.partial			LVM.2.8
> LVM.logicalVolume			LVM.3		A table of devices
> LVM.logicalVolume.volumeName		LVM.3.1
> LVM.logicalVolume.volumeGroup		LVM.3.2
> LVM.logicalVolume.extentCount		LVM.3.3		the number of extents in this
> volume LVM.logicalVolume.reads			LVM.3.4		the number of extents in this
> volume LVM.logicalVolume.writes		LVM.3.5		the number of extents in this
> volume
>
> Comments? Suggestions?

I think it would be nicer to have the LV entries under the VG trees.  That's
the way things are done conceptually.

Also as PVs are assigned to a VG then maybe we should have the PV entries for
assigned PVs under the VG entries as well and just have a separate tree for
unassigned PVs.

But your design will work.