[linux-lvm] LVM help needed: conflicting names

Neil nnc at newmexico.com
Mon Jun 6 01:53:13 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 21:55 +0100, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> > > $ man vgrename
>
> With two VGs with the same name, you may have to use a
> temporary lvm.conf filter to "hide" one of them before
> renaming the other.

My problem turns out to be more insidious than I thought,
and I can't get even this far.  Both disks have the root
filesystem (not /boot) under LVM as /dev/vg0/root (fedora
core 3 systems), and it is initrd that is bailing when
it finds multiple /dev/vg0/root logical volumes.  The
lvm.conf file isn't even available at that stage.
Anybody know if there is a boot option to initrd that
filters which devices are examined for VG's?

-Neil