[linux-lvm] LVM is low

Alan Jurgensen jurgensen at berbee.com
Wed Jun 22 14:01:34 UTC 2005

Why dont you create a 'regular' reiserfs partition on the same server
and re-try your transfer.

Comparing to another server isnt really fair; too many other factors: OS
level, Network, Config, Server Load, Hardware, Disks, etc.

Scp isn't a good gauge of disk performance, as its bottlenecks are
network and CPU (decryption). Why not try 'bonnie', a disk benchmarker.

Alan W. Jurgensen - Berbee Information Networks - jurgensen at berbee.com