[linux-lvm] Problem with locking_type 2 lvm/cluster/gfs

Markus Jeckeln Markus.Jeckeln at gmx.de
Mon Jun 27 12:56:38 UTC 2005

Hi There,

i am trying to build up a setup with several servers accessing one SAN.

I use a RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 with RHEL4U1 packages
(lvm2-2.01.08-1.0.RHEL4.i386.rpm) and the lvm2-cluster srpm from fedora 4

as soon as i put up the locking_type = 2 and set the locking_library then i
can't run any lvm commands (vgdisplay/vgchange) ... returning with
connect() failed on local socket: Connection refused
Locking type 2 initialisation failed.

only when the clvmd is running.. but i can not boot up my machine anymore
because clvmd is not running when mounting my local lvm filesystems.

any help is higly apreciated!!!

#lvmcmdline.c:836         Processing: vgchange -vvvvv -ay VolGroup00
#lvmcmdline.c:839         O_DIRECT will be used
#config/config.c:773       Setting global/locking_type to 2
#config/config.c:758       Setting global/locking_library to
/usr/lib/liblvm2clusterlock.so
#misc/sharedlib.c:41       Opening shared locking library
/usr/lib/liblvm2clusterlock.so
#locking/external_locking.c:92     Loaded external locking library
/usr/lib/liblvm2clusterlock.so
#cluster_locking.c:83   connect() failed on local socket: Connection refused
#lvmcmdline.c:853   Locking type 2 initialisation failed.

Greeeetings Markus Jeckeln

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail gratis + 3 Ausgaben stern gratis
++ Jetzt anmelden & testen ++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail ++