[linux-lvm] vg OK --> reboot --> vg KO

talosso at gmail.com talosso at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:36:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

At startup I run the necessary boot scripts, the problem was more subtle and
I have solved it, reading another thread on this mailing list....what
caused the problem still remains a mystery for me, perhaps you can
enlight my mind :)

I solved my issue simply by removing the partition table from the head
of the two
incriminate HDs and re-activating the volume group.
The mysterious questions are: who creates those partitions on the two
disks, and even if those partitions existed from the creation of the
two physical volumes and their insertion into the the volume group (in
the scenario that I was the one that created the partitions onto the
disks and I have now completely lost my mind), why did this problem
manifest itself only at this reboot? (I'm sure I have made many other
reboots since the creation of that volume group).

I'm looking for an explanation
Kind regards.

Livio