[linux-lvm] Shared library liblvm2clusterlock.so does not contain locking functions

Dan B. Phung phung at cs.columbia.edu
Tue May 3 06:37:42 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to create my PV, and I get this:

LVM2 # pvcreate
  Shared library liblvm2clusterlock.so does not contain locking functions
  Locking type 2 initialisation failed.

I orginially followed instructions from the GFS wiki, though the
LVM howto hasn't helped either.  I started from the LVM2 sources
checked out from cvs HEAD.  is there a more stable branch?

also...there isn't a patch dir in the LVM2 checkout...so I don't have
lvm-mod in the kernel running, so that may be the problem.  Is there
a lvm2-mod?

-dan