[linux-lvm] Resizing LVM Revisited

Josef Whiter jwhiter at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 12:21:09 UTC 2005

Mark Sargent wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> to resize a LV in CentOS4.0, I had to use the 1st install CD and Linux
> Rescue. I then had to umount /mnt/sysimage/dev, /mnt/sysimage/proc,
> /mnt/sysimage/boot, /mnt/sysimage/sys before I could umount
> /mnt/sysimage. After doing this, I lose the commands, vgscan, lvscan
> and resize2fs. Why is this, and how can I get around it.? Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent.

Hello,

It sounds like rescue mode doesn't come with its own copy of the lvm and
ext2 commands, which I find odd.  Did you chroot /mnt/sysimage?  If so
don't do that, in fact there should be an option when you are booting
into rescue mode where you can tell it to skip finding/mounting your
OS.  Try that and see if you have your commands.  If not, I know that
the Fedora rescue disk has these commands, and rescue mode is rescue
mode so it still should work, just burn the first FC4 cd and use that
rescue mode.  Thank you,

Josef

--
Josef Whiter, RHCE