[linux-lvm] Resizing LVM Revisited

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Oct 27 16:13:10 UTC 2005

For 2.4 kernels (2.4.20 and later) we've always used ReiserFS and had
extremely good results with online/hot expansion on top of LVMs.  We use
ext3 for our static os/boot areas but all of our data areas, and since
we're using debian, that's just /var, and maybe /home, reside on LVM +
ReiserFS.

--On October 27, 2005 5:35:19 PM +0900 Mark Sargent
<powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> to resize a LV in CentOS4.0, I had to use the 1st install CD and Linux
> Rescue. I then had to umount /mnt/sysimage/dev, /mnt/sysimage/proc,
> /mnt/sysimage/boot, /mnt/sysimage/sys before I could umount
> /mnt/sysimage. After doing this, I lose the commands, vgscan, lvscan and
> resize2fs. Why is this, and how can I get around it.? Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent.

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler